Tuesday, July 28, 2009

When Ivan Meets GI Joe

Growing up the late 60's early 70's everyone had a GI Joe Doll. Well, boys anyway.
I had one like this which also came with Diving Tanks and Flippers. I guess it was because my Father was a "Skin Diver" and with my Uncles and their friends. They started an organization called The Worcester Frogmen. They were the one who got the call when someone would fall through he ice on a city pond, a car went into the water, or crime evidence was dumped in Lake Quinsigamond. But that's a tale for another time.




In the 80's my son had this version, a smaller more toy-ish model.




Now in the new millennium Joe's got another total makeover. A bad ass, take no prisoners, futuristic fighting machine.



Oh, and a smokin' body too.
America, Fuck Yeah!

No comments: