Thursday, September 3, 2009

Wormtown Weekend



This Friday, there is a show so special, that I will drag my crippled ass out to Ralph's just so I can say "I was there!"
The Disconnect, a new Wormtown band featuring members of The Numbskulls, Ghouls Night Out, Gein and the Graverobbers, Crimson Ghosts, Demons Seeds and Nodscene have their debut gig along with, The Pathetics, Varsity Drag and the return of The Cretins.
The Disconnect have been working on this since winter of '08, and I've not heard anything yet, so I'm looking forward to hearing their sound that they describe as "70's Glam Punk/Garage".
The Cretins, from Boston, formed in 1995 and played their brand of punk for five years building a solid following and released a great LP "We're Gonna Get So Laid".They reunited last year and are picking up where they left off.
Varsity Drag, also come from Boston and feature a founding member of The Lemonheads in Ben Deily. Never heard them.
The Pathetics, as you should know, are Wormtown rock n roll trouble makers who always entertain the masses with a vast catalog of classics from their three cd's.
So get there early, have a 'Gansett or two, and enjoy the show.
Just don't step on my foot, I'll stay away from the pit.

No comments: