Thursday, August 11, 2011

In Memory of Rick Blaze



In case you have not heard, Wormtown Rock N Roll legend Rick Blaze passed away Sunday, August 7th in New York City. Rick was our worldwide Ambassador of Music performing his brand of rock all over the planet. I knew Rick for years and not only did he have a prolific career in his own right, but turned me on to countless of other bands with CDs and 45s he'd given me to play on my various radio shows. He helped me out many times by playing benefits, and performing live on the air. On the WURN.net web page, I put up one such show of The Ballbusters broadcast from the studios of WICN 90.5 fm for Radio Prune with The Worm Bros on April,29th 1994. The band consisted of Rick, Jeff Crane, Dave Cuneo, and Jimmy Buscarnio. Listen and remember Rick, always ready to give it all for the music.

Rockin' in Wormtown City

No comments: